Saturday, July 21, 2012

Is this thing on? Really, is this thing on?

Wow! Has it really been a year since the last post? I guess it has. A lot has happened since then and some of it could be charitably characterized as problematic. It can now be said that there will be more time to tend to the blog than there has been in the last few months. And now that the hair-tugging contest between Viacom and DirectTV is over and done we can rebuild our lives together. I look forward to taking the opportunity to getting back to this blog and reconnecting with my audience.

Also, I would like to invite you to follow the adventures of an up and coming critic in Kharkov, Ukraine named Oksana. Yes, she's for real, she's very intelligent and she'll make a great event planner one day. You'll have to use Google Translate to read her blog but it is worth it.

This is now a time of personal rebuilding and growth. After almost two decades as a practicing professional journalist, I am now forced to start over. It is an opportunity to build a new life while fumbling through the evolving rules of the new economic model. There is a lot of assembly required and no instruction manual.

While the new rules will likely find expression in the content of the blog, some basics will likely remain constant: the arts, science, politics and foreign relations will remain at the forefront for the simple matter that they matter to me and, if you're reading this blog, they matter to you as well. Everything else that bubbles up will probably be related to these core topics, will be simply things that struck me as being interesting, may mark an evolution in the things I find interesting, or items that are sufficiently important to highlight and snark upon.

Thus begins a new day and a rebirth. Though, as with every birth, there will likely be a lot of screaming and hollering at the beginning until I find my legs again.

Thank you for your time and welcome back.


No comments: